Old November 13th 04, 05:32 PM
Gail

Yes, switch to high quality canned food and feed him small amounts as
frequently as possible.
Gail
"Mary" wrote in message

"Carol" wrote in message
om...
I have a 13 1/2 year old male tabby. About four months ago he started
to vomit usually, but not always shortly after eating. Since I only
feed him once a day that meant he threw up all his food for the day.

Why do you only feed him once a day? By the time he eats he's
probably starving.

Right after that he'd be begging for food. I took him to the vet who
examined him and said he appeared to be just fine. He suggested it
was probably a hair ball and told me to give him hair ball remedy
twice a day for a couple of weeks. I did but that didn't help too
much. I tried feeding him very small portions many times daily. I
even tried tossing the food on the rug to force him to eat slowly.
Nothing really helped. Eventually the vomiting stopped on it's own in
a few weeks.

So you're also feeding him dry food. This stuff expands in the stomach,
particularly when a cat has not eaten in 24 hours, I bet. No wonder
he vomits.

You know he needs to see the vet again. He also needs to be put
on good canned food and fed twice a day, about 12 hours apart.
Good luck.