Old January 14th 04, 04:28 AM
Luvskats00

(Drue)
writes

I'm 30 and am thinking seriously about starting a second career as a
veterinarian....I'm told that pursuing a second career
relatively late in life is an uphill battle, but I'm ready to go for
it anyway.

"late in life" is a relative term....but 30 is far from late in life. Many
people switch careers at various ages...from being downsized from their company
and needing another occupation to being unhappy with their chosen profession
and wanting to try something new. Becoming a veterinarian requires a large
committment with finances, studies, and time. If you're relatively sure that
you'd like to diagnose, treat, operate - and even euthenize (when needed) then
go for it. Have you checked into vet schools to see how much is required?
People have gone to med school...law school..vet school at 50-60 (and more)
years of age!

work before I can even consider med school. I have a long way to go.
Is there enough time at my age?

Thanks so much for reading this and for your advice,
Drue