Old August 20th 12, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Default OK, my neighbours blew it!

Christina Websell wrote:

I eventually went out to find they were "pruning" two of my trees by
gettting on a ladder and leaning over my fence. Yes, they are entitled to
remove branches if they are over their side, but these were twigs and
they've hacked and massacred my tree which was just coming into fruit by
taking out half of the three trunks, which they are not allowed to do.
Reducing the height is not allowed.

(snip)
They have really damaged my tree and I use the fruit to make wine. Plus
they threw the remains over their back wall into the plot one of my
neighbour owns.

This is legally classed as trespass on your property and they should
also have offered you the branches back. You should complain to the
council but if you're contacting your solicitor, I'd tell him as well.
Take photos of the damage and the position, and the branches in your
neighbour's plot, and write down the date, time and all details.
I am sorry that your previously lovely neighbours have been replaced by
such morons, I feel infuriated on your behalf!

Question: might you be entitled to legal aid? I hate the thought of you
using up your precious savings challenging these idiots.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com