Old August 20th 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OK, my neighbours blew it!

"MaryL" wrote in message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the U.S., you could charge for trespass, and you could also receive
damages for the loss of the tree. If it is damaged sufficiently so that
it
needs to be removed, you could also charge for the removal and its
replacement with a *mature* tree (a costly proposition for the neighbors,
which they well deserve). I don't know if your laws are the same, but I
suspect they are because so many of our laws are based on English law.
Your
solicitor would answer that question. It often would not be worth going
court for this type of trespass and property damage, but you are not
talking
about actual monetary value here--it is the constant harassment that is
the
basis of your ire (and this might even fit the criteria for a harassment
suit). Incidentally, a great many U.S. laws are based on Blackstone's
"Commentaries on the Laws of England."

I intend to consult a solicitor this week with the view to getting the end
of their wall removed from my garden. I would have left it alone had they
not massacred my tree.
A few small branches and twigs were "in their airspace" and they did far too
much than they were entitled to do.
Actually, what they've done will cause it to grow even more next year - even
more over their side as they didn't have a clue, just got a saw and did it.
I have truly never had neighours like this and I would not wish them on
anyone.
Once upon a time this road was a quiet place.