Old April 4th 04, 09:51 AM
Willows

Feral cats do not meow at you. What you are discribing is a once
friendly cat who has been through the hell of being a stray and no
longer trusts people. I'd trap the cat again bring him in and put him
in a cage.

Your vet is wrong as well 3 days isn't dangerous if he doesn't eat for a
week then worry but I'm sure in 4 to 5 days he'll be eating. Its just
such a huge shift for him coming in that it often takes time to them to
even want to eat. I doubt your vet has had many cats like this the
information he gave you makes sense for house cats but not for this type
of situation. I bet you'll find that in a few weeks this cat is showing
signs of trusting you and wanting to be petted.

I often get cats in that don't want to eat. I can't just put a rescue
cat back out into danger just because its not eating. We recently had a
pregnant feral we traped and where considering aborting and returning
when she hadn't eaten for 5 days on the 6th day she ate and has been
fine since.