Old January 16th 04, 01:38 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"kaeli" wrote in message

My guess is an infection. Sometimes it's down deep and you don't see
anything unusual.

What's "pretty clean"? My cats' ears are totally clean and pink with no
cleaning from me. The one who had an infection, the ears got a little
dirty, but not terribly so. However, checking his back claws revealed
they were also dirty. This was from him scratching his ears and the wax
got on his claws.

Her inner ears are very pink and the only other colour is from her tattoo.
I would have said, "very clean" but I'm not really sure how cat's ears
should look, so I didn't want to overstate :-). They aren't black or brown
or gunky so I didn't think she had ear mites, though after Wendy's post I
may have to rethink that =:-o! The idea of a yeast infection or other type
of infection never even occurred to me!

I figured out that the cookie dough smell is like a cinnamon cookie dough.
It's actually kind of a nice smell, just a bit weird. We're off to the vet
soon for her yearly check-up, so I will ask him to check her ears
thoroughly. I think he thinks I'm like a hypochondriac by proxy for my cat,
since I'm always thinking something is wrong with her. Luckily, nothing
ever is!

Since Kaeli's was the only reply to actually show up on my news server, I'll
add thanks to Wendy and MaryL here, too! Thanks for the replies!

rona