Old March 25th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kill Cat, Get 6 Months Jail

wrote:

in summary - Last summer a Chicago-area man kicked and killed a

neighbor girl's 9-week-old kitten because it came onto his property.
He was convicted of "felony aggravated cruelty", and was sentenced
today (Mar 23) to 6 months in jail, followed by 100 hours of community
service to be served in an animal shelter when he gets out.

He better serve ALL of those 6 months, but WTF is this, ( 100 hours of
community service to be served in an animal shelter ). This is like
making a convicted pedophile serve community service at a day care
center. What the hell was the judge thinking? I know, he WASN'T
thinking. It's just beyond me to think we have so many people in the
judicial system who have little, or no intellectual capacity to catch
even half a clue.

Not neccessarily true! He/she was undoubtedly thinking
"what better punishment for abuisng animals than being
forced to care for them - it may even instill a little
compassion into this low-life". (However, given the fact
most animal shelters are overworked and understaffed, the
judge's optimism was probably misplaced.)