Old February 25th 05, 03:37 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:22:30 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

LOL I'm sorry, but that strikes me as funny. COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus
Budget Reconciliation Act) - I wrote the friggin book on it for The
Prudential when it went into law in the 1980's. Try paying those premiums -
you'll see exactly what your employer was paying for your health benefits.
Used to irk me no end when people would gripe they had to kick in $100 a
month for family health insurance. Take a look at the *real* premiums
sometime. As it is I'm paying $124/month for individual stand-alone
coverage and probably lucky to have it.

I was paying $366/month under COBRA (which only lasts 18 up to months)
to continue what I had under my previous employer (Blue Cross/Blue
Shield PPO $500 deductable w/prescription plan co-pay). I tried to get
individual stand-alone (went to the local insurance agent) because
COBRA rates were killing my limited budget, and got denied for reasons
neither of us understand. I ended up getting into a 6-month temporary
plan (renewable) paying about 1/3 of the COBRA rate for individual
stand-alone, but it's not as good as what I had (classic case of you
get what you pay for).

I'm so fortunate my doctor gives me free samples of the meds I need for my
stuff when he has them on hand. Prices for prescriptions are through the
roof.

I have a deductable on my prescriptions that's completely seperate
from my medical deductable. I'd better not start having to get
prescriptions filled - once I clear the prescription deductable
they'll only pay $2K max before that part of my coverage ends and I
have to pay it all.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com