Old January 18th 05, 04:03 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-18, mystro penned:
I'm a new first time cat owner who adopted a nice 1 year old male who for
the most part is very happy and contented but certainly likes to push the
limits. Not knowing better,I allowed the cat to roam mostly wherever it
wanted when it first came home but now he wants to get in the way in the
kitchen and that includes grabbing meat or fish that is defrosting on the
counter..I lost my temper last-night when he grabbed some hamburger while I
was out of the room..I ended up slapping him and putting him in his carrier
then putting him outside for an hour..it was cold and I couldn't leave him
any longer and I'm not sure that will do any good anyway. I've tried putting
sticky tape down,spraying him and yelling NO when I catch him but to no
avail..somewhere I read I need to train ME..any suggestions.

What was the point in putting him outside?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch