Old March 25th 10, 12:12 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (3/24/2010 7:05 PM):

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (3/24/2010 5:47 PM):

What I fail to understand is how the hell you (or anyone but a zoo
keeper) can keep a dog from eating the cat food. I had a beagle, and
there was no way I could keep him from eating any damn thing he
pleased. If it was there, he would eat it. Of course, if you don't
have to work for a living, and have nothing better to do but police
what your animals eat, then you could do it, but then, you would
effectively be a zoo keeper. Us adults have to work for a living, and
we leave our animals food while we are at work, and they will eat
what they want to eat, and take it from me.....The beagles will eat
the cat food, nitwit.....

Actually, I'm pretty sure most folks that own both dogs and cats
manage to keep the dogs from eating the cat food and the cats from
eating the dog food.

Amazingly, most cat owners can even keep multiple cats from eating
each other's food! OMG how can they possibly manage???

It's really not that hard. I'm sorry it's so hard for you.

jmc
who is feeling snarkier than normal tonight.

You can put the cat food high up where the dogs can't get to it, but
keeping the cats out of the dog food is usually
impossible.....fortunately, most cats can't stand dog food, so there is
no problem. My five cats could eat the raccoon food (dog food I leave
out for the raccoons) easily, but they don't like it. The raccoons do
eat the cat food whenever they get the chance, but the cats won't let
them in the house, so there really isn't any problem there either. For
sure, there isn't enough cross feeding to be a health problem for either
species, and the original posts seemed to be concerned with health
problems involved in cross feeding.

Actually, it's pretty simple as long as you don't free choice feed the
dog. Lock the cats out of wherever you feed the dog, when you feed him.
Problem solved.

Glad I could help

jmc