Old March 31st 04, 09:51 AM

John F. Eldredge wrote:

The math teacher at my high school was a bit eccentric.

Only one math teacher? You must have gone to a small school!

...would take his tie off as soon as
he got into the classroom, and hang it on the closet doorknob. He
commented several times that the school board required that he wear a
tie _to_ school, but hadn't said anything about having to continue
wearing it once he got there.

LOL, that's following the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

Oh, and if you talked during class, he would bounce a chalkboard
eraser off your head. If any teacher tried that these days, he would
probably end up being sued.

I'm no fan of frivolous litigation, but in this case, I hope he would be!

Joyce