Old October 19th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Littermaid Question

On Oct 18, 7:20*pm, hopitus wrote:
On Oct 18, 6:52*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

Okay... *We got a littermaid, automatic litterbox cleaner. *Works like
a dream.

My question, to any who have one (or more) these. *At what point does
your cat *stop* jumping in and jumping out, just to watch it run?
Pandora and Smeagol think this is the mostest fun ever. *Meowmie
doesn't mind horribly, but she does mind at 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30 am
(and so on and so forth). *Until about 5:00 am, then they are back to
normal.

Then the cycle starts again around 4:00 pm until about 7:00 pm. *Now,
I realize it's something new, it makes an interesting noise, and it
moves on its own. *It's better than a toy mousie that they have to
throw around *themselves* (heaven forbid).

Just wondering if they will lose interest in making it run, for no
good reason?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Hey, it fixed the "outside the litterbox urination" problem for
Jebediah. *He's been aiming *much better now, and he really likes the
automatic box 'cause then he has doesn't have to actually "cover"
anything (the little snot) anymore.

ROFL - your cats are a lot smarter than any others I happen to know
who
have that thing. Of course, there is no prize for this
distinction......

Oooh, boy, I have "smart" cats. Bummer. The only prize I want to
give them is to dump that handy-dandy little plastic box over their
heads. I won't, obviously, I just want to see the light at the end of
the tunnel.

Smokie Darling (Annie)