Old March 1st 04, 11:05 PM
JoJo

I had two fosters (now permanent) that did that, I figured it made them
secure so may as well let them do it. (They were orphaned at young ages so
didn't really get a chance to satisfy that urge). They are both 8 months
old and are pretty much through with sucking on earlobes, although every
once in a while they still do. Try having to sucking on your ears at a
time - gets awful warm!

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:41:54 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
wrote:

I forgot to give examples of affection from my own cat.

I guess the only evidence left of affection from my cat, is sometimes

when
I put my face or hand near her face, she will sometimes lick it. She

knows
not to lick my eyes, mouth, or ears. Although, I sometimes wonder if it

is
coincidental, considering she is grooming herself at the time. So maybe
her licking my nose means she wants some alone time?

I've got one at the moment that likes to suckle earlobes. I suspect
she was taken from her mother too young - I reckon she was only about
6 weeks when she came into my care (far too young IMO). Ever since
then she's gone for anyone's earlobes that will let her suckle. Two
years on and she's still doing it. She's otherwise healthy. happy and
content, but when she gets a lobe she goes off in a dizzy purring haze
of pleasure. Funny cat. I've never known it before - she doesn't try
to suck on anything else (I've heard of oriental breeds who like
wool), just earlobes!