Old January 7th 09, 05:54 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Where do you get your best buys in cat food?

"Dave Garland" wrote
cshenk wrote:
That 40# bag is probably totally USA generated and decent quality with
none
of the problems the overseas stuff has had.

I'm not sure one can assume that. The melamine problem in 2007, a lot
of USA brands were affected. It's a global market, and manufacturers
order ingredients from wherever the deal is best.

Yes, but the big companies (purina etc) arent what he's getting. It;s a
local feed store I gather. Unlikely the contract that out. Worth asking
though.