Old June 3rd 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

Default What should I do when my cat does this?

In article ,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

there is something called "Petromalt" that will help kitty
pass the hairballs. it is available at your friendly local
pet labyrinth and seems to be tasty enough that kitty will
eat it off your finger... Bubba likes it. Of course he'll eat
most anything... Anyway, it seems to help.

I vote for Petromalt, too. It is amazing how well the product helps
solve this problem (I think it allows the cat's system to collect and
pass the otherwise indigestible hair swallowed while grooming ). AFAICT,
Petromalt is essentially meat-flavored petroleum jelly, so it is
completely inert and non-toxic in the amounts a cat would ingest.