Old February 11th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box

dgk dgk somewhere.com wrote:

So a success?

I've had it since yesterday... I plan to update this later.

The first hurdle is that they are using it.

I'm a do-it-yourselfer extreme. The only thing I'd like to do at the
moment is keep it from wasting a tiny amount of good litter,
depending on how that litter moves into the disposal compartment. If
it's going around the seams, maybe some flexible glue will stop it.
Problem is, skillfully using glue is an art and I'm not familiar with
silicon glue that might be the best to use. Will see.

Again... The stuck litter problem is likely due to using too little
litter. But if you use a lot of litter, you might be more likely to
waste a tiny bit more because it might stress the plastic
filter/gate.

Some people complain about the cheap plastic fasteners being very
difficult to close. I put some silicon Teflon lubricant on them and
held them together while closing, no problem at all. They latch and
unlatch easily here.

The complaint about litter falling through the seams and onto the
floor is easily solved by using Scotch heavy-duty packaging tape.
Just put a few pieces tightly applied to the right side seam. No
problem at all.

If you don't enjoy working with plastic and are not a do-it-
yourselfer, this sort of purchase might be risky.