Old August 22nd 16, 03:36 PM
pomacanthus pomacanthus is offline
Junior Member

Location: Minnesota
Default Looking for a companion

My cat Leo (rescue possibly american shorthair not sure) is pretty aloof and Im thinking of adding a kitten. I like the American Shorthair or the California Spangled so far? I would like to find something with cool markings, that quiet, and semi affectionate.

Leo will only come around about 1.5 hours into a movie or hockey game and If I try to pet him he usually bails. Other than his aloofness he is a great cat, low maintenance.

Suggestions? I was also thinking of possibly a siamese mix but Im striking out here locally in the Midwest. There are no breeders in Minnesota of either Spangled or Shorthairs. When I inquired to siamese breeder about a mix, she seemed offended. I have no problem with mutts in fact I prefer them to avoid all the issues with pure bred animals. Thanks!