Old September 1st 16, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Marlo gets (temporarily) rehomed

On 2016-08-31 2:09 AM, dgk wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 20:39:31 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

as an only
cat, maybe we'll keep it this way. Most likely I'll just bring h

Everyone seems to think so! I just took Marlo to the vet and she has
to wear the Elizabethean Collar a few more weeks - until the fur grows
back on the abdomen. The vet says that it will itch her until it grows
back, so she needs to collar on even though the real source of the
irritation is at my house (that would be Baby, even though it really
isn't Baby's fault). So she's at Mom's for at least another three
weeks. Then we'll see.

When I put a collar on Kerry after her spay, she immediately rid herself
of it. I put it back on, fastening it tighter. That worked briefly, but
when I saw her later in the day, it was gone and that time I didn't find
it again for a couple of months. Eventually, when I was digging out a
large pot I don't use very often, I spotted the collar behind it in the
dark recesses of the cupboard. By that time, she had made an uneventful
recovery and the fur all grew back just fine, but I ended up
substituting obsessive checking of her belly for signs of problems for
the use of a collar.

What a smart kitty! She hid the collar successfully so you didn't find
it until it was no longer needed. Even the fact that she understood that
she should hide it from you is pretty amazing. Cats in the wild do hide
their kills from other predators, but that doesn't mean they would think
of hiding something from a human that they don't want the human to use on
them. Different motivation.

--
Joyce

No one should try to hit another's bumper. But bumper bumpage is a part of
life. Yawn and get on with it. -- Gene Weingarten