Old February 7th 17, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default On the subject of litterbox habits...

jmcquown wrote:

Bastette wrote:

Licky: digger. I often go into the bathroom to find litter flung all over
the place. And he has a hooded litterbox!

That's what I call digging! Buffy's box doesn't have a hood. She
flings litter all over, too. I keep a whisk broom and dust pan handy.

Me, too!

I have to take the mat that is under the box outside and give it a good
shaking out on a regular basis. I take the bath mat up off the floor
after I shower and drape it over the side of the tub. It's no fun
getting out of the shower and stepping in gritty cat litter.

I used to have a bath mat that I just left on the floor. Then one day I
came home to find that somecat had used it to bury some poop. That was the
end of that. I now have two bath mat-sized towels that I put down when I'm
about to take a shower, and like you, hang back up when I'm finished. (My
bathtub/shower has sliding glass doors, so I hang them over the top of that.)

Joyce

--
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people