Old October 20th 03, 11:58 PM
Liz

s/d is formulated to dissolve *existing* struvite crystals and uroliths
that can obstruct the urethra resulting in acute renal failure and *death*
in a very short time... which is tad more serious and immediate than early
stage chronic renal failure.

In renal failure, every nephron should be treasured. Every nephron
lost will never be replaced.

"This food was prescribed for my cat who just had a urinary blockage"?

You **should not**, nor are you qualified to advise a person to take his
cat off of a prescription diet - *especially* a cat that just had a urethral
obstruction removed and probably still has crystals!

Oh, and you have never seen veterinary mistakes? I´ve seen them way
too often, even in this group. It´s not because a person has a diploma
in whatever field that they know what they are doing. If doctors kill
250 thousand people every year only in the USA because of
incompetence, I don´t even want to think about the numbers regarding
animals.

I seriously hope Albert *ignores* your *dangerous* and *deadly* advice.

Really? I often see you give the exact same advice about more water in
the diet (feed canned) to avoid uroliths. Besides, I know for a fact
that canned diet fixed my cats´problem as it has fixed other cats
here.

s/d is a *short-term* therapy -- You should at least know something about
the food you're bad-mouthing....

I know that. But in that one or two month short term use, how many
nephrons could be lost huh? Before you get me wrong, this is about
hypocrisy and not about actual loss of nephrons.

You should go study veterinary medicine and get some more background.
What´s keeping you from it?