Old January 22nd 04, 11:53 PM
Steve G

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...
(...)

Before I switched my cats to a homemade diet, I fed them Pet Guard (along
with a couple of other brands) and they really liked it.

I've also fed this food, among others, up until fairly recently; it
seems to have a good nutritional composition (at least some flavours)
according to the various food-fondler websites. However, when I
decided to make a final double check on the composition, Petguard
refused to send me the info (i.e., proximate analysis), stating that
it was 'proprietary'. So I stopped feeding it. I also informed the PG
people I was doing so.

This makes me wonder from what source the info at
http://www.sugarcats.net/sites/jmpeerson/canfood.html and
http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm was obtained.

(Parenthetically, this is the same reason I stopped feeding Pinnacle
food, although in this case my emails were ignored rather than the
company refusing to provide the info).

I also thought the picture of the cat on the Petguard cans was really
crap. So there.

Steve.