Old January 29th 04, 11:16 PM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:34:52 -0000, "Stuart Reed"
wrote:

I'm about to buy a leather sofa. Any advice about training/preventing cats
from damaging it?

TIA
Stuart Reed

My experience has been the opposite of those who have already replied.
My cats ruined my leather chair. The problem is that when they jump
down from the chair, they put out their claws. That puts holes in the
seat of the chair.

I do not know how they put the long scratches onto the seat, but it
was typical cat scratch looking marks. Bottom line in my experience is
that cats and leather did not mix well for me.

I do have a scratching post, I do trim their back claws properly and
they are front declawed.