Old October 27th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Dr purr requests of my own

On Oct 26, 8:01 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

My family doc referred me to an ortho surgeon for my knee injury. He
believed that I had torn the meniscus cartilage in my knee, and the
surgeon agrees. The surgeon wants me to go in for an MRI to see if there
is any other damage.

I am gainfully employed, in a decent job. I have medical insurance -
medical insurance that is considered by many to be pretty good. But even
with my insurance, the MRI and surgery will cost me over $1500. That is
simply obscene.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan

I'm sorry Dan, and I agree that is obscene. We're in the same boat.
Blue
Cross and Blue Shield just doesn't pay like they used to. But usually
it takes so long for the insurance/hospital to sort things out. I had
my
stent in mid-Sept., and still haven't gotten the final bill yet.
Sometimes
it takes 4-6 months for them to finally decide what I owe. Maybe
you could get the surgery done sooner?

Sherry
Sherry