Old March 5th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

Default Second cat to help my big one exercise?

On 3/5/2013 4:07 AM, Buddy's Mom wrote:
On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:43:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
My cat is 9 and overweight. The doctor said he needs to lose weight or could get diabetes. He's an indoor cat and gets bored of any new game quickly. He's already been on the diet food. Would a new kitten help encourage him to move around and get some exercise? He could use some company as well

Cats should not have carbs - get rid of the hard food. Carbs will add to the chance of your cat getting diabetes as much as being overweight will. Just feed your cat the appropriate amount of canned food and water and he will lose weight.

there are carbs in canned food also.