Old April 28th 04, 01:23 PM
Tiners

Heya

Poodles are clipped that way because they are water dogs. The poofs on the
hips are there to protect the hips from the cold. The poof on the tail is
to act like a rudder. You wanna see a good movie spoofing Dog Shows you
gotta rent Best in Show. I feel it explains alot about what goes on in a
dog show. It's got the mom from American Pie, Eugene Levy from American
Pie, Parker Posey I've seen her in a bunch of things. After you get Best in
Show go and get A Mighty Wind. It's another what they call Mockumentry.
Their both good movies in my opionion and Best in Show even explains why the
poodle is clipped the way it's clipped.

Tina

--
---
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum --
"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:55:59 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski dumped this in
on 27 Apr 2004:

Oh absolutely. Like I said in the original post, I don't doubt the
cats are hideously pampered and the owners loved showing them off and
chatting about it, I just think it's quite a barbaric practice to
still be doing in this so-called civilised world.

Do you have any opinion on dog shows? Just curious.

Dogs aren't territorial like cats, nor are they trapped inside cages.
That's the barbaric aspect I object to. I still think it's pretty
pointless to judge a dog on appearance (expecially when you see those
poor little fluffy things with ribbons in their hair, ugh, or poodles
shaved into bizarre shapes, what IS that all about?!). But, if the dog
is happy enough to go along with walking around showing off to its
owner for a treat then there's not much to complain about. I can't see
a cat getting anything out of being shown. The ones I saw didn't look
too pleased about it anyway.