Old April 9th 04, 10:39 PM
Sherry

The bobcats have become exceptionally bold around Tucson -- rarely does
a week go by when I don't see one in our suburb. Last year, one grabbed
our cat off the windowsill. Fortunately, I was there and kicked the
bobcat until it turned loose. $1600 in vet bills, and Precious is almost
as good as new. She doesn't go outside anymore. In fact, I see about as
many bobcats as domestic cats in our neighborhood, now.

Let me get this straight. You see bobcats in your suburban neighborhood as
commonly as domestics? *Suburbs"?
I know bobcats are a threat; we have them here. But it's a rare thing for them
to be seen in the daytime, near the house. . You must have a *tremendous*
bobcat population...Has a news crew covered this yet? Are they even educatiing
people about leaving garbage out, etc., to prevent encouraging them further?
You're also very lucky you weren't seriously injured yourself.

Sherry