Old November 16th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Wild cats

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"dgk" wrote
John Doe wrote:

Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I
reached in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look
and ZOOM it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few
feathers and a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.

I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...

I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some blood.
Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby tree. They
can look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.

Birds will never be Ok if they have been caught by a cat. The wounds
they have will get infected by the bacteria on the cat's teeth and
they will die a few days later.

Says who?