Old December 6th 16, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Baby scores a lizard

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:50:45 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 12/3/2016 10:03 PM, dgk wrote:

Baby, my fairly feral girl, was sitting on the night table as she

....hed it a good
journey, and went back inside where I saw Baby looking all over for
the lizard.

A blue-tailed skink found it's way into our house... was it last year
already?

http://srelherp.uga.edu/lizards/eumine.htm

I wondered what the heck Buffy was so fascinated with behind a box of
music CDs on the floor. I moved the box... oh! Buffy went one way, I
went the other. My goal was to catch it and get it outside. Her goal,
of course, oooh, a TOY!

It managed to slip past both of us and ran into my bedroom. I still
have no idea where that skink went. Neither one of us managed to catch it.

Jill

I sometimes leave the garage door open while I'm in the house, and
that means that sometimes lizards come in. A few days ago I was
looking for something to put my baby tomato plants into - something
that could let light in but with high enough sides so the wind
wouldn't kill them. They're still only a few inches tall. December is
apparently the time to start tomato plants in Florida.

My eyes noted a shiny black plastic storage bin that wasn't otherwise
occupied, so I picked it up and estutely noticed the rather large
lizard that had somehow gotten inside but couldn't climb up the
slippery plastic walls to get out again. Naturally I set it free
outside, but if it hadn't been for the tomato plants, that lizard
would have died in the container. I suspect that the lizard has no
idea how lucky he/she was.