Old July 16th 03, 06:53 PM
Yngver

wombn wrote:

ahh eating too fast yes. that could be it.

The kittens all go spastic when I give them canned food. Taz growls
at everyone and wolfs his plate down, then goes and tries to steal the
others'. So I'll bet Timmy's trying to forestall that.

Probably. Hiccuping is better than the other frequent symptom of eating too
fast, which is regurgitation. With one of our cats, it isn't so much that she
likes the food so much, but that she can't bear the thought of the other cat
getting it, so she gulps hers down fast so she can try to steal some from the
other cat. Then a few minutes later, it all comes back up again (sometimes).
Feeding in separate rooms helps.