Old June 1st 17, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default summer's here

Lesley Madigan wrote:
We're not really geared up to the idea of indoor only cats.
Recently I did a PDSA quiz that assured me living on the
first floor the only suitable pets for me were a budgie,
fish or a hamster!

Central Edinburgh has a few more options. If you do a Google
Street View search for 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh you'll
see the flat we used to live in - top floor, the three windows
at the left-hand end of the block. Directly under the windows
was a ledge more than a foot wide that formed a cat-friendly
aerial walkway running the whole length of the block 50 feet
above street level. Our Busby used to stroll along it looking
in the neighbours' windows until he either found one open or
got a sucker to let him in. (Our immediate neighbour took some
time to work out why her enormous plant pots smelt of cat pee
when she didn't have a cat).

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin