Old August 6th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default stupid stupid people

on Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:00:19 GMT, Stan Brown
wrote:

For a mature cat, a two-day weekend outside in summer doesn't seem
outrageous. *Every* weekend is more iffy, I agree. But several weeks
is outrageous, probably meeting the legal definition of abandonment.

Have you called the police or animal control to see about filing a
cruelty complaint.

As much as I believe it's cruel, they've broken no laws here. I think the
law sucks, but my county is a farming community and the AC laws have been
derived from farming practice. We don't even have a leash law in my
county.

Calling either the AC or the police in this case would only have served to
have the cat picked up, maybe.

That said, I think it's irresponsible as hell to leave a pet unsupervised
outdoors for *any* length of time.

--
Lynne