Old January 31st 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.cats.rescue
getreal

Default "non-profits" and other phoney orgs

Among the various animal help organizations there are some real losers
and some real genuine helpers. The Tucson Humane Society in an example
of the former.

Many of these so called "non-profit" orgs exist mainly for themselves;
sometimes paying high salaries to their "non-profit" employees.

I'm looking to donate a sizeable amount of money, and have located some
animal help organizations that look good statistically. If anyone has
any recommendations of orgs that can walk the walk (direct/indirect care
to animals), besides talking the talk (mailings soliciting
contributions, etc) let me know. Right now I'm leaning towards some
foreign orgs, since most in the USA are big corporations and have lost
sight of their main purpose.