Old August 2nd 16, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default yodel is driving me nuts with the meowing :)

Je?us wrote:

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 21:53:17 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

When Buffy meows at me in the wee hours I say, "It's not time yet", and
"shhhh" and turn away. It worked with Persia and it works with Buffy.
Ignore the attempts to wake you up. It works. 6AM is much preferable
to 3AM.

Make sure Yodel has plenty of toys to play with. Believe me, they can
and will find ways to amuse themselves that don't involve you getting up
to feed him at 3AM. He's training you. Don't let him!

Ugh... I didn't get a good sleep last night, thanks to Lucy and Annie
chasing/fighting each other through the early hours of the morning.
Bang, crash, jump over me in the bed... no way I was going to get any
sleep this morning!

Last night Licky woke me up from the depths of sleep, yowling because *he
wanted me to pet him*. I admit that I find this more charming than annoying,
and I usually indulge him. He doesn't do it every night - in fact he doesn't
do it that often, so I was surprised when it happened last night. So, after
we cuddled, I pet him, and he purred, he had enough, got up, and left the
bedroom. That was my cue to get up and close the bedroom door. I'm lucky
that I don't have a cat who howls or bangs on a closed door. Once he's had
enough cuddling, he's content to go off by himself to sleep or otherwise
amuse himself.

Roxy was the same way, although when she woke me up for cuddles, it was a
lot more pleasant. Usually she would climb up on me, walk up to my face,
and sniff and purr in my ear while kneading me gently. I didn't need to
wake up fully to give her attention. And once she was satisfied, she would
stay on top of me and sleep there. I miss her!

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in
one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker