Old July 14th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default CAT LADY WANTED

Sherry wrote:
I don't read every single post, either; and many times I drop a thread
if I'm not
particuarly interested. Like someone else said recently, no one is the
Moderator/Grand Poopaw of any newsgroup. No one has the right to ask
anyone
to stop talking about a particular topic. Some have a newsreader with
the ability to
killfile. There's nothing wrong with expressing your displeasure with
a thread when you drop out either, IMO. (We all know Evelyn's
signature PLONK! :-)
I don't think that's what Jo was implying, though, when she said she
wished the thread would die a natural death. I've silently wished that
too about other threads, because I *don't* have the ability to
killfile a whole thread, and sometimes lack the
willpower not to look at a train wreck of a thread.
shrug This one I thought was interesting though.
We already have established taboo subjects, but that form of
censorship is okay with me. That part isn't any different from a
conversation in-real-life where you tactfully avoid certain topics
that you already know will end in an argument.
I can't see why this thread would offend anyone's sensibilities.
Everyone seems to be in agreement on the basic level, and the original
poster is probably long gone anyway.

I don't remember any poster ever being asked to drop a subject. Maybe
once, it seems I remember one about politics, but am not quite sure.
Have they?

Sherry

I think the prevailing tendency has been to simply begin posting
recipes, which was the standard treatment for trolls, when I first
started posting here.