Old May 7th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

Default Zoomy Wabbit with Large Audience

On Fri, 6 May 2011 21:00:05 -0700 (PDT), Pat
wrote:

Today I put wabbit in pet carrier for an hour while I cleaned and
reorganized the cage & contents. I took all of the pine shavings off
the floor and put them into the litter box, with all the poo. Now the
floor is plastic covered with newspaper, and bun-bun is shredding it!

I have now learned that pine shavings are not good for rabbits. They
contain "phenols" which can harm the animal's liver. Feline Pine is OK
since it's been kiln dried which removes the harmful compounds.

Also learned, wabbit needs chew toys. Must find out what sort of chew
toy is safe for wabbit.

How about ground corncobs for bedding? We used to be able to buy them
at the local farmers elevator years ago. Some pet stores now sell
them. Do not know if they still have them. Do a search for ground
corncobs.

Here is a link for an articles about ground corncobs:
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=238206