Old September 3rd 04, 01:08 AM
Sherry

But I am still wondering what the consensus here might be to
just how pleasurable life really is for an indoor cat, Or am I just
anthropomorphizing human traits onto a cat, and they really don't need
as much stimuli in a day as we do, especially when they sleep 15-plus
hours out of every 24? What about the second-cat-to-keep-the
-first-one-company option?

Thanks for your input.

Oh, sure it can be a great life for a cat. It's easier when you raise them as
kittens indoors--although I have a former street cat/stray who refuses to even
sniff the outdoors. . Most important, I think, is having at least a pair of
cats. Secondary, but still important, is additional stimuli like you mentioned;
toys, cat trees. Harness training I hear can be very successful if you choose
to let your cat have supervised time outdoors. I think an enclosure is an
excellent compromise, too.

Sherry