Old April 5th 05, 06:51 PM

On 5 Apr 2005 01:37:26 -0700, "bjdbrad" wrote:

Well Phil perhaps its a mix of a few things.....one of them human
related I admit but I don't want to mess with the cans and smell and
mess of dealing with canned food.......but also I am convinced that the
dry food is best for them. I have no quarrel with those that want to
use canned food I just prefer not to, also my breeder says his cats
have much better and less odorous stools with dry food. I think alot of
you guys use canned foods because your cat seems to love it and its
maybe more of a treat to give them the canned food which makes you feel
better being good to your cat which certainly is good for you and your
cat.

Pepsi, in looking at the first post that I have I can't determine how
feeding was done, I right or wrong determined that the morning feeding
was from an empty bowl but I may be wrong.

Brad

He said, "(although I leave kitten chow available to him 24/7)."
so I knew the cat, like mine used to, has unlimitted dry.

As for canned, I grew up with dogs and knew that dry was essential for
the animal's health. When I acquired my cat, I thought the same was
true for him. I was surprised when my vet told me cats do fine on an
all canned food diet, and that was confirmed just yesterday when I saw
a vet on tv say the same thing.

I agree with you that canned food does have an odorous effect on their
waste. But since canned food passes through their systems faster than
dry, for a cat that has trouble passing dry food, such as the original
poster's cat, that seems more of a solution than a problem.

I have boarded my cat and was told he was only given Science Diet dry
the entire week he was there. He did just fine, so I've come to the
conclusion that as long as it's a food designed for cats, it won't
harm them, unless they have other problems. I do stay away from cheap
store brand foods, though, as they give my cat bloody diarhea.

pepsi