Old November 8th 03, 10:07 AM
Alison

"andr0meda" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,
I will try to keep it short. Xena is having an UTI again, and

yesterday was
our crisis day.
She is better now, but still 8 days of antibiotics to go, plus 'how

on earth
do I take her urine sample?' but all I want to say is....please,.

keep your
cat's liter box inside. And watch it. I taught Xena to actually call

me when
she is ready for wee or poo, and thanks to that I catch any UTI

quickly.
What if your cat 'does the business outside'?
Please be careful; UTI can kill a cat if not caught early.
Regards, Andr0

Hi ,
Some here suggested to me once to polystyrene (sp?) balls in the
litter tray instead of cat litter and the wee will collect at the
bottom . I'v also read that you must get a urine sample to the vet
asap or with in a few hours.
That's clever training your cat to get you when she ready to wee. .
How did you do that ?
With Kim I have to keep my eye on her and be ready with a shallow
dish. You have to pretend you're not watching and wait until they are
actually peeing before you put the dish under them . You have to be
quick thoughG .
A sign of UTI is cats peeing inappropriately outside the box. and on
plastic bags and in the bath . Many people don't realise this is a
sign of UTI and think their cat is being dirty.
Kim had a bout of cystitis recently . She is on a canned diet diet of
organic food and I add a GAG supplement to her food every other day .
Alison