Old September 22nd 16, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

Default Marlo progress report

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 22:39:48 -0400, dgk wrote:

Marlo went to the vet yesterday and the vet somewhat reluctantly
allowed me to remove Marlo's soft Elizabethean coller - the blue
dress. He wasn't thrilled with the level of fur regrowth on her
abdomen but figured that because the probable cause of the
overgrooming was anxiety over the feral at my house, Marlo might be ok
since she's in a different environment.

When we took her back to Mom's house, she did start licking at her
abdomen but then started licking all over. She hasn't been able to
groom herself for over a month because of the collar so it makes sense
that she's cleaning all of her fur. But she doesn't seem to be
overgrooming her abdomen so we're cautiously optimistic that she will
return to normal grooming.

Of course, this is while she's over at Mom's. The plan is to
eventually bring her back to my house

It's great that she is acting normally now,
and it's NOT our place to tell you what to do,
but I think it's the general consensus that
Marlo would be better served by staying with
your Mom, and it seems your Mom might be too.

That, OR rehome the feral.

It's only fair that Marlo NOT be subject to
an invasion of her space if she doesn't want it.