Old October 28th 03, 10:42 PM
Jean H

That is Bl---y awful horrific, makes you wish you could get your
hands on them, how the hell have they been brought up Jean P.
"Shirley" wrote in message
The festival of Diwali (Hindu/Indian festival) was celebrated this
weekend so that would probably account for all the fireworks (in my
area) for the last few days.

I wish the firework manufacturers would concentrate more on the visual
and less on the auditory aspects of fireworks off soapbox.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

ridiculous over
here in Old Blighty. November 5th is our traditional fireworks'

night (Guy
Fawkes'Night) but over the last few years the number of days each

side where
fireworks are being set off seems to be ever extending. Three nights

on the
trot now I've heard fireworks exploding and I have no reason to

think it's not
going to extend as far past Nov 5th. AAAGGHHH! Animals are

frightened of these
things!

And the really nasty news report yesterday
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_832832.html?menu=news

"Hamster 'attached to firework and blown up'

Police and the RSPCA are investigating a report a hamster was blown

up after
being attached to a firework with an elastic band by a group of

teenagers.

The incident is alleged to have happened in Cambridge on Friday and

witnessed
by a shopkeeper.

A spokeswoman for the society urged anyone with any knowledge of the

incident
to contact either them or the police.

"We are investigating. On the face of it, this would seem to be an

incident
that beggars belief," she said.

"It is obviously something we are very concerned about. It would

seem to be an
horrific attack. We would urge anyone who knows anything about this

to contact
us or the police. And we would urge any teenager who might have been

with the
group who did this to come forward. All calls are treated in

confidence."

Cambridgeshire police said they had also been informed of the

incident. "We are
looking into the matter," said a spokeswoman. "I suspect it is more

likely to
be a case for the RSPCA than for us, but we would certainly welcome

any
information about it."

Ms Graves has told the Cambridge Evening News that four teenagers

came into her
shop to buy Star Blast rockets on Friday. They then went next door

to a pet
shop and bought a hamster.

"One of them asked: 'Have you got an elastic band?' so not really

thinking, I
gave him one," Ms Graves told the newspaper.

"The next thing I knew, they went over the road, tied the hamster to

the rocket
with the elastic band and blew it up. I was disgusted by it. If they

do that
sort of thing to an innocent animal, you wonder what they are

capable of. It
made me sick."

Story filed: 12:19 Monday 27th October 2003"

I despair at times, I really do.

helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
do not post my correct 1 on *any* public forum - thanks