Old February 15th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Cat Protector

Default Cat at my rescue is sick I need donations!

You'd actually have a cat put to sleep for a UTI unless we send money? I'd
be careful of this one people. Though UTI's and the like are serious, I'd
have to question how a rescue can miss the warning signs before the
blockage. There are plenty. Scratching around in the litterbox and straining
to pee is one. Urinating in places other than litterbox is another. Also,
crying while using the litterbox is another.

The fact that a rescue group would actually have a cat euthanized for this
kind of issue if people didn't send them money makes me question their
ethical practices. Yes, money can be tight in small rescues but not too many
of them will consider putting an animal down if the problem can be fixed as
plenty of them deal with vets that either volunteer their time or will do
the surgery at a reduced rate. The other factor about this one is that the
rescue is outside the U.S. and given the scams we have these days, you don't
know if your money is actually going to be used for the purpose of saving an
animal, paying someone's salary, or simply put being put in someone's bank
account where you never see the person again. Tread with caution on this one
people.

"Laura" wrote in message
There is a cat at my rescue with FLUTD Feline lower urinary tract disorder
and he has a bad blockage I need donations ASAP to fix him or he will have
to be put to sleep.....

www.milorescue.co.nr