Old July 20th 17, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Losing Fur

On 7/20/2017 6:07 AM, Cheryl wrote:
Kerry, my newish cat, seems to be lacking fur on part of her belly near
the back legs. I only just noticed - she loves being petted, but like
many cats, she takes exception to belly-rubs so I hadn't looked at her
belly in quite a while. I have an appointment with the vet for her
tomorrow - I hope it's just a bit of minor over-grooming.

Anyone have experience with cats losing fur?? She certainly grew it all
back after she was spayed about a year ago, and now, a largish area is
either very thin of or missing fur.

Not in the way you describe, no. Persia (RB 2014) started plucking at
her fur before she was diagnosed with hyperthyroid. Didn't help that
she was allergic to the medication and had the embarrassment of having
to wear a cone on her head. But there were also other symptoms. It
doesn't sound like Kerry is dashing around the house (more than the
occasional zoomies) or losing weight or appetite.

Hopefully the vet visit will tell you what you need to know about Kerry.
Please let us know!

Jill