Old July 6th 04, 04:46 PM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
Oh, what adorable kittens. This is so sad! I just can't imagine how

people
can be so cruel as to dump such innocent little babies.

Thank you for all that you do for these helpless kittens.

MaryL

Mary, I am so discouraged. It's always one step forward and two steps

back.
Right now it's hard to find a room in this house that there isn't a cat in

it,
and I'm spending myself into the poorhouse. And there's always another
scraggly, emaciated stray around the corner. I used to rather enjoy
rehabilitating a stray, I enjoyed watching them blossom and it was

rewarding to
find them a good home. Now I'm just overwhelmed. The shelter is full to

the
seams with cats/kittens. If we have a good day and adopt six out, there's

nine
incoming. Someone came in just yesterday, had been to Walmart and came out

find somebody had put a box of 6 baby kittens in the back of their truck.

In 98
degree heat. I'm just sick of all of it.

Sherry

Sherry, do you have a branch of O'Malley Alley Cats near you, or do you know
of anyone who might take the initiative to start one (be forewarned that it
takes a *lot* of time an effort). We have one here, and they do wonders --
TNR for adult and unadoptable ferals with numerous feeding stations and
shelters around town, foster families for kittens and cats that might be
socialized, etc. They also can become overwhelmed, as you said, but they
have done wonderful things in adopting out cats that otherwise would have
been euthanized or abandoned.

MaryL