Old May 23rd 05, 06:00 PM
CatNipped

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber spends a lot of time sleeping on her window seat. The seat has a
heating pad (set on low) covered by a piece of fleece. She has some
"bare" spots on her belly and I notice some hair accumulating on the
fleece (click on link to see a picture). Do you think this is a result
of lying on the heat? As soon as things warm up a bit (soon I hope) I
will turn the heating pad off. The bare spots don't seem to bother her
at all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Mike, I wouldn't use the heating pad. When Bandit had her dental cleaning
she was badly burned by a heating pad and the burns didn't show up until
much later and just seemed to get worse and worse (not the same situation, I
know, but it still makes me leery of heating pads). I would think the
fleece alone would hold her body heat.

Hugs,

CatNipped