Old May 24th 05, 12:17 AM
Spot

I agree with catnip on this I wouldn't use a heating pad it's too easy for
her to get burned. What you could do is get one of those portable hot seats
that hunters set on in the woods. They warm up just from your body heat and
there is no electricity involved so no way for her to possibly get burned.
If she is really cold laying there she will get up and move to someplace
warmer. My cats often go from one window sill to the next as the sun moves
during the day. In the evening you can always find my calico snuggled down
inside the comforter on the bed and the other two snuggled up in the cat bed
together.

Celeste

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber spends a lot of time sleeping on her window seat. The seat has a
heating pad (set on low) covered by a piece of fleece. She has some
"bare" spots on her belly and I notice some hair accumulating on the
fleece (click on link to see a picture). Do you think this is a result
of lying on the heat? As soon as things warm up a bit (soon I hope) I
will turn the heating pad off. The bare spots don't seem to bother her
at all.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Mike, I wouldn't use the heating pad. When Bandit had her dental cleaning
she was badly burned by a heating pad and the burns didn't show up until
much later and just seemed to get worse and worse (not the same situation,

know, but it still makes me leery of heating pads). I would think the
fleece alone would hold her body heat.

Hugs,

CatNipped