Old August 11th 03, 01:40 AM
Mike

There are regional and cultural issues surrounding everything we do and
one country will be in line with it while another will not. Glom on to
whatever fits within your ideal, but don't discount everything that
does not as "just wrong." Because by and large it isn't. It's just an
opinion. How many industrialized nations are there in the world
anyway? Twenty of them have banned declawing. Half of them admit
there's still an underground for it and the results have been similar
to the banning of abortion--disfigurement and death. If that's what
you want to happen to cats, fine. I think you're cruel.

But if the cat died "as a result of a countries laws", wouldn't that then
mean the person who took the cat to be declawed in the first place was
indeed the "cruel" one?

Mike