Old December 29th 04, 11:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-29, CK penned:

By putting a piece of the puzzle into Google I got the following suggestion
for a solution:

QUOTE It could be based on the vowels in the words. dOll = $12 implies O =
$12 rIng tOss = $24 implies I = $12 kItE = $15 implies E = $3 blAckbOArd =
skAtEbOArd - E = $34 - $3 = $31 UNQUOTE

Source: http://www.able2know.com/forums/about41755.html

What I don't get is why this sort of thing is supposed to be a test of
intelligence. It's a lot like those pop quizzes they like to throw you at
interviews. You might be able to determine intelligence/creativity by seeing
how many possible approaches a person tries, and whether they intelligently
reject the poor ones, but you can't judge intelligence by whether or not they
stumble onto this particular approach!

Bah!

I thought about number of letters, and I thought about scoring based on height
above ground at which the item was used, and a few other things ... but I
didn't stumble on the vowel thing, it's true.

Can you tell I don't do well on these sorts of things and have a chip on my
shoulder about them? Heh.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!