Old September 27th 04, 10:10 PM
Jo Firey

"jhill" wrote in message
This may have been addressed here before, but how do people who are
wheelchair-bound feed and clean out the litter tray. My brother is
recently
in that state, and can't reach down to the floor anymore to do it. I have
to go over there and do it for him.
Has anyone been successful in putting them on like a bench or small, not
very high table, and have the cats climb up to get to them? Especially
since they have have been on the floor since he got the cats.

I haven't fed a cat on the floor since we got out first dog. They are
delighted to eat on countertops, on top of the refrigerator, in the middle
of your bed or wherever else the food might happen to be. Mine currently
eat on the counter in the bathroom.

I would think most cats would use a litter box on a sufficiently large
elevated surface. High enough for someone in a wheelchair to scoop.
Changing out the litter might or might not be beyond them. I have to
qualify this as some cats object to the box being moved, others don't have
such great aim, etc.

Jo