Old December 30th 05, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

CatNipped wrote:
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires here
in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box" because it
has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of the brush
fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county (Houston
and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY* hoping that
people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak our roof down
with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple "bang" type
firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like to watch a
choreographed fireworks display.]

"Fireworks"???? Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought this
was the first of January, not July! Did I lose six months
somewhere?