Old January 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Scott

Gail,

I know what UTI is and Oreo doesn't have this. My other cat Lukey had UTI,
where it was very painful for him to urinate and he used to urinate all over
the house but not the litter box, and his urine came out in small drops.
Lukey's problem has been corrected by switching to a higher quality (less
ash) cat food, and giving him Methio-Form tablets to dissolve the crystals.

Oreo doesn't have the same problems. Oreo's problem is behavioral. He's been
doing this for almost TWO years -- ever since I got him. If it was UTI, he'd
probably wouldn't have survived to now. Oreo is happy, active, and urinates
fine -- just in the wrong place.

He used to urinate in my plants, until I put strips of sticky tape across
the plant pots. Now, he just urinates in the bathtub. I really think it's
bad behavior that has turned into a habit. I need to figure a way to
re-pottytrain Oreo.

Scott

"Gail" wrote in message
link.net...
Take him to the vet. He has symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
Gail